Wednesday, May 26

14 Weeks 4 Days

It might be just my imagination, but I might be starting to have food cravings and aversions. In the last week or so, I'm finding myself getting bored of Caucasian style food, at times even a bit nauseous after eating certain things. My husband is the cook in the family, and he has always made dinner that has a French influence. And while I don't want to seem ungrateful for having a husband that cooks for me, I find myself not appreciating the food he makes as much as I used to.

On the other hand, I'm finding myself craving sour candies and Chinese food. I am volunteering to make dinner a few times a week now just so I can make food that I crave. I've been calling my mom long distance to ask her how to make some childhood favorites (much to her delight!).

To date, I have bought 3 maternity items, all pants. With my mom visiting me in a month, she will be bringing some maternity hand-me-downs from my sister-in-law. But in order to survive the next month's worth of hot and humid weather, I needed some maternity capris and shorts, STAT! I never realized how comfortable maternity pants are until I tried them on a couple of weeks ago. Everyone should wear maternity pants, seriously. I was at the store with my husband. I'm not showing yet, but my usual jeans were starting to get a bit tight. So I went into the changing room, and came out with a pair of maternity jeans and a pregnancy pad underneath! I got a kick out of my husband's face when he saw my sudden protruding belly. I have to admit it's quite fun trying on maternity wear with the pregnancy pad, which puts you at about 5-6 months in bigness. I have to attend a wedding in a few months (near the end of my 2nd trimester). It will be fun trying on maternity dresses for that occasion. My personal preference for maternity pants is the full coverage band that covers my full belly. I find the low band uncomfortable. I ended up buying the 3-in-1 from Thyme Maternity. I highly recommend Thyme. Their sales people are very knowledgeable and friendly. Being a first-time mom, I was able to ask questions without feeling stupid... questions like "Do I need to buy maternity underwear?" and "When do I need to buy a new bra?"... neither of which I have had the need to buy yet. They did try to talk me into buying their stretch mark cream. I have to do some research on that before I make my judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment