Wednesday, April 14

5 Weeks 3 Days (or so I thought)

Blood is Thicker Than... Pee

I called the doctor the next morning at 10am to report my double line test result. They asked me to come in immediately for a blood test to confirm the result. Luckily I live not a 5-minute drive from her clinic. So I went in right after hanging up with the receptionist and got the blood test done. By noon, the clinic called me with the blood test result. "Congratulations!" she said. The blood test confirms the pregnancy test. I was told that the hCG hormone is expected to double in the next 48 hours. So I was asked to come back on Wednesday for another blood test to ensure the hormone level is progressing as expected to support the pregnancy.

I spent the majority of that Monday afternoon googling pregnancies. Yes, we were trying, but I still didn't have a full grasp of the whole pregnancy thing and how it really works. How does 9 months equate to 40 weeks? When does your first trimester start and end? What is a mucous plug?! I decided it was about time to start educating myself so there are less surprises later.

I realized that afternoon that your due date is determined from the first day of your last period. In my case, that would put me at 5 weeks and 3 days into my pregnancy. At this point, I had no symptoms, other than a missed period.

No comments:

Post a Comment