Wednesday, April 14

5 Weeks 5 Days (or so I thought)

Oh Good, I'm Stilll Pregnant

So after that cramping scare, I went back 2 days after the initial blood test for another blood test to ensure my hCG hormone levels were elevating as expected. Waiting a simple 2 days might sound easy, but by the end of the 2 days (especially after the scare), I had convinced myself that I was no longer pregnant, and that it had just magically disappeared. So on the morning of my appointment, even before I even left the house, I decided to put my own mind at ease by peeing on another stick. Oh good, the double lines were still there.

I went to my appointment a big more at ease. I got to the clinic by 9:30am. They told me to get there by 9:30 at the latest to ensure same day results. In addition to getting the blood tests done, I was also told to arrive with a full bladder for an ultrasound. Now, at this point, I was really early in the pregnancy, so I had no idea what they were looking for or if there's even anything to see with ultrasound. But after my blood was drawn, I had a pelvic ultrasound (with the full bladder) and a transvaginal ultrasound (thankfully after I emptied my bladder). I was given a piece of paper after the exam to walk up to my doctor's office to drop off. I handed it to the receptionist and was told they will call me later.

By around 2pm, the clinic called and confirmed my hormone levels were elevating properly, and that the early ultrasounds showed nothing to be concerned about (I didn't ask if they saw anything at all). They wanted to see me for a 7-week ultrasound, so they booked me in on March 26, which would be put me at exactly 7 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment