Tuesday, April 27

10 Weeks 1 Day

Time to Tell 2nd Level Relatives and Close Friends

On my 10th week and 1 day, we had 2 of our closest friends and my cousin over for dinner. We decided it was close enough to 12 weeks to tell them. Besides it's impossible to arrange a time for all 3 of these people to get together. The next time they're all free, I might have delivered by then!

We decided to tell them by putting the picture of the ultrasound on the fridge, along with the usual family pics, and see who notices the picture first. It took 2 hours before my cousin finally noticed, and only after my husband moved the picture right beside the fridge handle! She came into the dining room and quietly said to me "Ummm, you have a picture on your fridge..." I said "Uh huh?" She asked "Is it yours?!", this time louder and with more enthusiasm after hearing my response. I nodded and said "You're the first one to notice! About time!" My friend immediately ran into the kitchen to see what she had missed, and she came running back in with the picture in her hand to show it to her boyfriend. The hugs and screams of "congrats" began, and the questions "how did you find out? how far along are you, etc etc etc" began to flow.

As of 10 weeks and 1 day, I am less nauseous than the beginning of the pregnancy. I'm starting to eat better, but still find myself getting full pretty easily. My skin is still blotchy and bumpy (I keep asking myself "Why can't I be one of those women who have beautiful glowing clear skin during their pregnancy?" But of course, with my luck, I get a WORSE complexion). I even switched my face wash and moisturizer to a really neutral gentle brand recommended by dermatologists. I'm not seeing any results after 2 weeks of use. My boobs are hurting more, and getting larger and harder. Turning over onto my side while sleeping would make them hurt, so forcing me to wake up enough to mentally note this position is no good. I've also been getting up in the middle of the night to pee. I think it's more the fear of peeing in my bed that's forcing me to get up. But it's not a little trickle pee either. I'm also finding my urine is more yellow and stinkier the last week or so. I don't know the scientific explanation to that one.

I'm finding myself just restless these days. It's been about 7 weeks since I found out I was pregnant, and I feel like the last 7 weeks have been the slowest of my existence. I am waiting day-by-day for my first trimester to be complete, waiting for my OB appointment at 13 weeks 4 days. But I still have another 3 weeks for that to arrive. I'm waiting til I start showing. I'm waiting til I am far enough along to go nursery furniture shopping. I'm waiting til I can start maternity clothes shopping. I'm researching prenatal classes to take, but I'm waiting to take those later in the pregnancy. Seems like I am just waiting these days, and waiting is just about testing my patience. The fact that I'm not working definitely doesn't help with the space in between waiting. There's only so much housework and errands I can do before I find myself waiting again.

Isn't the 9 months of pregnancy supposed to fly by? I'm not finding that at all. I'm just going stir crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment